23 October 2008


Bird-eating Spider

Golden Silk Orb-Weaver

Check out this genus Nephila, you lotus-munching readers of this most lotus-centric of blogs.

Put some silk on yer chests.

Snapped in the land of Oz (natch), in Atheron, close to Queensland's tropical north.

I originally sent it to the one man in my Rolodex who'd 'get it'.

He replied:

"I believe that is the spider I used to see in Korea around the rice fields on my walk to work."

Nice.

And nice that the old radar's still working on who should get what.

Speaking of which, I was chided the other night for not bcc'ing some limpwrist in on one of my meatier mails. Something about not pre-judging people's tastes yadda yadda.

yellow jacquetActually, Philip, it's not just a question of guessing your tastes a'right (which, incidentally, I got bang to rights); there's also the fun of holding fast to mine as to whom I treat myself. Omitting folks is as much fun as clicking on those I favour.

I shared this with Mountain Man because it makes me feel I'm channeling an ounce or 2 of cojones, of which I've noted short supply on Ναυσικάα's isle since she waved Odysseus Καλό ταξίδι.

But OK, Philip, point taken: here's a gritty take on the Return of the Revenge of the Afternoon of the Living Yellow-Jackets.

No comments :