28 November 2008

Despised Business Jargon

"Buffle"?

That's one despised jargon I've not even comes across.

My peeviest?

  • Going forward
  • Out of the box
  • Pro-active
  • Pushing the envelope.

    Cool Comment: The attentive and defiantly unclichéd Sinbad sends this excellent link which, as conscientious spoon-feeding author of this blog, I convert for your instant gratificated plaisir.

    Kip: My younger daughter and I would relieve the boredom of the more 'improving' films I insisted on us viewing by watching out for instances of "Try to get some sleep." Trouble was that it was usually hauled out in moments of stress, invariably by the hunk hero to an exhausted stressed bellissima co-star over which the audience was on tear-stained tenterhooks, so our sudden guffaws and loud slapping ^5s did not go down well.

  • 1 comment :

    sibadd said...

    You know that trick of playing cliché bingo in a lecture or meeting? Ticking off a collection of the clichés used until you get enough to leap up gleefully crying 'house!", but let's go beyond mere phrases to plots. In all the Bond movies, whenever Bond breaks into the complex: 'Ah, Mr. Bond, welcome, come in. Let me show you my entire evil plan and then put you in a death machine that doesn't work' (thanks Seinfeld). Enjoy: http://www.moviecliches.com/