22 March 2010

PENSION FAIL

Oh dear, there'll be some long faces down t' Stavros Skipper Self-Navigating Bucket of Beer, I'll be bound.

Might give the A1 section of the Marina a miss until they've sorted out their £ shekels and rupees.

Stop Press Commentaria: As regular readers know, contributions from Oi Polloi that pass muster are instantly elevated above the salt into the body of the text,

"This doesn't apply to EU countries," believes Anon.

Good one.

Πιστεύω ότι αν διαβάσετε τα ψιλά γράμματα, θα διαπιστώσετε ότι αυτό δεν ισχύει για τις χώρες της Ευρωπαϊκής Ένωσης.


2 comments :

Anonymous said...

This doesn't apply to EU countries, I believe.

Corfucius said...

Oh really? Thanks 4 saving me making a fool of myself.
I'm sure some of the pensionnaires in downtown Kerkyra will be blubbing into their Lidl bargain 3-ply tissues. I will be able to to don my gravitas expression, finger my FT supplement and murmur, "Ectually, I think if you read the small print, you'll find it doesnt ectually apply to EU countries."
Wait! Most of these types have been eking out their pensions for yonks. I'll pay them the courtesy of recognising their fluency in the language of their host country:

"Πιστεύω ότι αν διαβάσετε τα ψιλά γράμματα, θα διαπιστώσετε ότι αυτό δεν ισχύει για τις χώρες της Ευρωπαϊκής Ένωσης."

That way, no one feels sleighted foreign trash.