20 May 2010

DREAM

I am in a department store with my mother. 'Blowing in the Wind' is on the piped music and a child is trying to sing along but is doing so badly.

My mother stops and joins it in singing. She sings too loudly and attracts attention and I am embarrassed.

The crowd watch and stare and grin but then they join in, smiling and clapping to be so spontaneous.

The dream continues. I am in a department store alone. It is after my mother has passed away. 'Blowing in the Wind' comes on the piped music. I stand there and start to sing, alone in the aisle. In memoriam.

The people look at me oddly. I am not a magnificent old woman, I am just me standing forlornly singing, in memoriam.

A shop staff moves to silence me but some people start to sing with me and then more - laughing and smiling and clapping to the beat. Suddenly finding their spontaneity.

I am standing there with tears pouring down, singing for the memory.

All around, people clapping and singing and laughing at the joyous spontaneity.

I wake and of course I have tears pouring down.

It takes a little time for the sleepiness to go and reality set in.

5 comments :

Simon Baddeley said...

Beautiful but well out of order. Now I've got to try being cynical, witty and slanderous...(:))

Corfucius said...

that was not 4 u 2 read. that came from - who cares whence it came?

'well out of order'? i must work that one out.

sibadd said...

Simple. I do or attempt to do the lyrical romantic and you do the scathing wit and even the fear and loathing.

sibadd said...

I do lyrical, you do scurrilous.

Corfucius said...

ok now i get it. as punishment we lost connection and i am in stinky net caff with 30 secs to go.

yessuh - back to fear and loathing