08 August 2013

AMANDA SHIRES

  • Papa's got a brand new crush - the exquisite Amanda Shires - but first I have to get over my fascination with the unsmiling guitarist here. [Psst, he smiles around the 3' 12 mark, since you ask]
  • Papa's got a brand new project: put chords to clever Richard Wells' words.

 DISAPPEARING SLOW DANCE

I'm just as dry as I can be
and run right out of happiness
The signals that you're sending
are of shipwreck and distress
I swear your midnight Hoodoo
has crept into the day
and makes it hard and all the harder
for me to stay.

If there was a bus
I'd take it
If there was a train
I'd get on board
But there's nothing here but us
and the absence of the Lord.

We used to live in some place safe
where God's creatures had a chance
And where every invitation
didn't lead to the last dance
It wasn't paradise, I know
still we acted like it was
and you took me disappearing
down your back roads.

Now that's all come tumbling down
we're caught in misery and strife
And I'd sell off everything I own
to buy a different kind of life
and if there was a bus
I'd take it
If there was a train
I'd get on board
But there's nothing here but us
and the absence of the Lord,
the absence of the Lord. 


  •    I hauled the gear out and got on with it but it's not rolling, Bob. I've been away too long. Back to square one and strummin' 101.
  •    Word has it that Amanda saved her lucky later husband from going straight down the bottle. Here's a bravely autobio chanson.



    No comments :